Exclusively for guests at The Apple Store or Gypsy Rose
Treat yourself to an Afternoon Tea in the Farmhouse or Garden. Home-made savouries, cakes, sweets and cream-teas, a selection of Tea, Coffee and Juice; in Winter toast muffins by the fire in the parlour; in Summer sit out on the balcony overlooking the orchard and valley.
From just £15pp its a great way to celebrate that special occassion, or just to put "the icing on the cake" and make your Forest holiday really memorable.
Ask when you book
Get in touch...
Landline: 01594 516554
Victorian Afternoon Teas
BBQ & Pizza packs
Ask when you book!
See "Something to celebrate" for more details
The Apple Store and Gypsy Rose
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Pretty country cottage and traditional bow-top Gypsy wagon in the Forest of Dean. Rent either or both!
Ideal for walking, cycling holidays.
One dog stays FREE!
Book Now, save ££s!
£99 deposit secures the dates YOU want today
BIG DEALS today on Special Offers Page
2 nights £160, 3 nights £190, 4 nights £250
That's for 4 + dog & nothing more to pay!
Basic self-catering inThe Apple Store: See Prices & Booking page
"Clearwell Caves were SO beautiful, and with F. Christmas as well really good value. We're coming back for a pre-Christmas visit in 2017 - Book the 4 of us in now!"
L,A & family Dec. 28th 2016
Whether its a couple of nights away or a longer holiday,
The Apple Store and Gypsy Rose offer great value, cosy, comfortable accommodation.
Nestling in a wooded valley on the edge of the Forest of Dean,The Apple Store is a secret hideaway place to stay, a haven for walkers, wildlife-lovers and those seeking a taste of the good life, while Gypsy Rose offers complete seclusion, comfort and romance - ideal for "getting away from it all" shortbreaks.
- Away from the road yet easily accessible, The Apple Store is a great base for exploring the Forest of Dean/Severn estuary and Wye Valley with the Forest on the doorstep.
- Children are welcome - there's plenty of space to play in the orchard and garden where there's a baby and child swing & rope ladder and a full-size swing-ball. Paddle in the brook, dabble for "tiddlers", climb a tree, kick a ball, help with the animals or in the garden - we've plenty of space and time for children here.
- NO CHARGE for 1 DOG in The Apple Store` *enhanced self-catering offer only, see Prices and Booking page
- In Summer, pick your own fruit and veg from our kitchen garden, enjoy a BBQ or Pizza on the patio or picnic by the brook, or simply chill... our south-facing garden enjoys plenty of sunshine from dawn to dusk.
- In Autumn, stroll through the woods to gather chestnuts, blackberries, mushrooms and sweet hedgerow fruits - the Forest is on the doorstep! Or just take a walk around the garden for walnuts, figs, apples and plums.
- In The Apple Store the Aga ensures you'll always come "home" to a warm farmhouse kitchen. Gypsy Rose has a cute Queenie woodburning stove so the well-insulated wagon soon warms up, and your kettle will be singing on the hob in no time!
- Apple Store guests can go fully self-catering or simply order from our menu of good, home-cooked meals and escape to the country - your dinner will be waiting for you when you return.
- Gypsy Rose guests get a basket of goodies including a generous slab of home-made cake, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, best local bacon and sausages, milk and cider - with compliments! A basket of logs, sticks and firelighters is provided; simply strike a match, pull up a log and watch your breakfast cook gently over an open fire with nothing but birdsong to bother you.
- Ideal for walkers, cyclists and anyone who enjoys being out and about in the English countryside, there's direct access to the Forest via footpaths and quiet single-track lanes. Well-behaved dogs are welcome and have the run of our paddock for that early morning/late night comfort break. Other pets by arrangement. (Sorry, no pets in Gypsy Rose)
- Rural but not remote, the village pub, a 16th Century Coaching Inn, is a 5 minute stroll down the lane and the village of Blakeney boasts a small general store, Post Office, fish & chip shop, Italian Restaurant with takeaway, hairdressers, doctors surgery & pharmacy and church, all within easy walking distance. Lydney, a small town with supermarkets, petrol and garages, a good range of small independent shops and a mainline railway station is 4 miles away. Buses between Lydney and Gloucester pass through the village, stopping about 5 minutes walk from The Apple Store at the end of the road.
- The Apple Store is ideal for 2, but can sleep up to 4 (+ baby) with one double bedroom and a double sofa-bed in the sitting room. A travel cot is available.
- All on one level, so no worries for guests who find stairs a challenge, and with plenty of space outside for 2 cars and a covered patio for storage of bikes, canoes etc, The Apple Store is great for old and young alike.
- Gypsy Rose sleeps 2. Children welcome by arrangement.
- NB Gypsy Rose is a traditional bow-top wagon, accessed across a paddock and via steps, with a small pull-out double bed and space beneath. No disabled access, and not suitable for disabilities, young children or those with a more generous figure!
*Apple Store Prices start at £160 for minimum 2-night stay, including all electric, linen and one dog stays free.
*Gypsy Rose Prices start at £90 per night based on 2 sharing
Follow us on Twitter @TheAppleStore1 & keep an eye on Ebay for last minute offers and great deals, or just ask!
Phone or Text: 07508052619
See our Special Offers page for Last Minute and Late deals
Follow us on Twitter @TheAppleStore1 for daily updates and offers.'Phone 01594 516554
Dry warm weather has brought out the very best of colour in the Forest this Autumn. First touches of frost this week will soon bring the leaves from the trees. Book an Autumn colour break now! We'll have a Supermoon and 4-star Severn Bore this month, too!
Walnuts ready now!
Still picking figs & raspberries.
Picking raspberries, apples & figs now.
Walnuts in October.
Ducklings hatching this morning.
Crab apples ready for Jellies and cider.
Walnuts for pickling ready now! PYO
Raspberries, new potatoes, spinach, rainbow chard, carrots... picking now.
"Mrs Beautiful" Duck sitting on a nest - babies in July??
Wrens & House Martins nesting near the house. Slow worms in the garden. Wild boar and deer seen in the woods nearby.
Now picking baby spinach & rainbow chard.
Cuckoo singing in the orchard this morning.
Bluebell woods in full bloom.
Outdoor kitchen complete & waiting for guests.
Bluebells out on south-facing banks. Bluebells in the woods by the end of this month. Wild Garlic in the woods and ready for picking now!
Kingfisher in residence!
Several guests have reported seeing a kingfisher near the brook in the last few weeks. Confirmed when the bird alighted on a log near the duck pond, about 5yds away from me while I was feeding the ducks (no camera to hand, sadly)
Sparrowhawk in our cherry tree.
Also in the garden - heron, green woodpecker, wrens, robin, nuthatch, pheasant and usual garden birds. Fox & squirrels.
Wild Boar about 300yds up the valley